We are going to explore the historical and social background of some of the intriguing, interesting and important legal cases which have had lasting impact on our society and affect our lives today. Each month we will have a presentation about some of these famous and fascinating cases, plus the opportunity to discuss legal current affairs. Legal issues and law cases will be based on current events and participants’ interests. Some of our upcoming topics are:
• Refugees and “Irregular Border Crossings”
• Aboriginal Law and the Crown’s Duty to Consult
• Justice Delayed is Justice Denied: Delay in the Justice System
• Defamation, Libel and “Fake News”
• The Doctrine of Informed Consent in Health Care
Registration is with the facilitator*.
Drop–ins are also welcome.
|When:||4th Monday of the month|
|Time:||1:00 - 3:00 PM|
|Dates:||2018: Sept. 24, Oct. 22, Nov. 26 [no meeting in Dec.]|
2019: Jan. 28, Feb. 25, Mar. 25, Apr. 22, May 27, June 24
|Where:||cSpace, Room 310, 1721-29 Ave. SW|
*Before you register, you must be a member of CALL.