CALL is a member-led, non-profit organization incorporated under the Societies Act of the Province of Alberta in February 2011. CALL’s mandate is to facilitate lifelong learning for residents of Calgary and area. Programs and activities are wide-ranging, focusing on arts and culture, society and politics, and health and science.
HOW DOES CALL OPERATE?
CALL is unlike most lifelong learning organizations.
• We are completely independent, having no association with any educational institution.
• Our members suggest activities and groups based on their interests, curiosities, passions, and experiences.
• We offer year-round innovative and affordable learning opportunities. The website and regular e-mail newsletters inform members of the nature and meeting times and places of interest groups, as well as upcoming CALL activities.
• We depend on members who volunteer to take on roles in administration, co-ordination and implementation of programs.
• We always welcome new members and encourage everyone to volunteer.
In providing attractive opportunities for older people to become part of a community that is dedicated to learning for the sheer joy of it, CALL aims to enable its members not only to share their valuable knowledge and life experience with others, but also to gain new knowledge, skills, and experiences and to keep their minds stimulated and active. We believe that by enriching the lives of the community’s elders and expanding the opportunities for them to connect with a wide range of individuals and organizations, we will also be enriching the cultural, social, and intellectual life of the larger community, contributing significantly toward Calgary’s ongoing effort to become a highly livable city for people of all ages.
What are CALL’s values? We believe that learning never ends no matter what our age or circumstances. We believe that we all have gained valuable knowledge and life experience that can be shared with others. We believe that diversity offers a rich variety of perspectives, experiences, knowledge, and enthusiasm.