Welcome to the Calgary Association of Lifelong Learners (CALL)
The Calgary Association of Lifelong Learners is a dynamic member-led,
not-for-profit organization. You are invited to be part of the action.
CALL’s vision is to offer innovative and affordable learning opportunities for people 45 and over.
CALL is for people who want to engage in learning for the joy of it and to share their knowledge, ideas, experience and interests with others.
Programs and activities cover a wide range of topics, from art and culture to politics, health and science. Registrations are accepted on a
first-received, first-served basis.
Affordability, flexibility in time and place, and a friendly, informal small group approach make our learning programs unique. Members are encouraged to suggest topics for upcoming programs and initiate new learning activities.
The first programs started in September 2011. Click here
to see the programs being offered.
Program formats include
- Interest groups--organized into broad Interest Areas (e.g., Art and Culture, Current Issues, History)
- Lecture series
- Monthly CALL Cafés--where members can socialize, learn about and sign up for interest groups, propose new interest groups, and have a short, stimulating program ( a speaker, or some other sort of participatory event)
From time to time CALL also hosts special events
Join CALL to exercise your mind and spirit, make new friends, and see the world around you in a different way.
How is CALL different from other organizations that provide lifelong learning opportunities?
- At the heart of the CALL philosophy and values is the belief that we as adults have gained valuable knowledge and life experience that can be shared with others.
- In CALL, we are all learners together, and together as a group we decide what we want to learn and how we want to learn it.
- CALL is open to everyone age 45 or over. We are a diverse group of learners who offer a rich variety of perspectives, experience, knowledge, and enthusiasm.
- CALL is run by members for members. Everyone is a volunteer, which keeps the costs down, so learning is accessible to everyone.
How can you benefit from being part of CALL?
- By joining CALL, you are making new friends who share similar interests. This is a new group, doing ground-breaking work. It’s fun to be part of building something new.
- In CALL, you have a voice. You can suggest topics for interest groups and other programs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can become a leader or facilitator of a group. Please send in your ideas by e-mail to email@example.com.
- You can take part in other ways, including by joining committees. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You become part of a learning community, gaining new knowledge, skills, and experiences, and keeping your mind stimulated and active.
- Joining CALL will bring more enjoyment, more creativity, and fun into your life.
To join CALL, click here